Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Between Us

I thought of you
Standing there
Staring at nothingness
And suddenly
Colors
Sounds
More vibrant became;
In that brief moment
I faintly understood
What it is to be
You...

I smiled
Because at that moment
Gates opened
Memories flooded
And I was warm
With the truth
Of having you in my life;
I thought
Briefly
Only to push the thought aside
At what it would be like
Not having you
There
Here
Now
Ever-watchful
In the mistake-laden existence
That is the sum of my life;
I am grateful
There are some things
God deems to bestow upon us constantly...

I went further
Deeper
With each new character
Ending
At what you must think of me
In all this time
After
All this
Time
As I am not the soul
You happened across
Only remnants
Of the sand
Spilled from the hourglass
That is fate...

And I smiled.
©cchristopherbess

No comments:

Post a Comment