Saturday, March 27, 2010

Vanishing Act


So I got on the computer this morning only to discover that an aunt of mine had tracked down her eldest brother whom no one has seen for almost 30yrs. I admire his effectiveness at avoiding such a massive family for so long and wonder if in my own way have I been trying to do the same with my own existence...


"Vanishing Act"

Maybe I should disappear
Move off into the crowd
Forget my name
Stare in mirrors
No longer seeing my face

I've always seen it happen
In my dreams and in my play
Blending into the murk
A 3d form depressed
By the ills of his society
Into a two-dimensional mesh
To lie flat against walls
Unnoticed
Forgotten

Maybe I should stop moving
Stand still
In time and space
Collecting the dust
Of the world's rabid movement
Till I am a stone figure once known
Now relegated to perform my duty
As marker between point A to B
Within myself
And the many rooms
I've built in which to store my troubles;
Disappear
Until I am no thing
No one
No where
Forgotten even by my own self...
©2010cchristopherbess

No comments:

Post a Comment