Monday, September 5, 2011

Trouble's Brewin'

Clouds upon the horizon
Obscure a dampness between
Things I've come to know as truths
And those things I'm left to envision

Children waiting on corners
In packs
Hungry for a taste of revolution
Looking to be a part of something
Greater
Than the small sum of what they know
Multiplied by their shrieks

And I'm on my way again
For momentary release
At the bottom of a glass
A chance-filled roll of some dice
In this place
Where it is so easy to escape
So easy to hide and forget;
Even though they notice
They'll never see me cry

Clouds upon the horizon
Obscure a blue infinity above
Countless prayers
To what's believed to be fact;
As our race toward annihilation
Moves ever faster,
Will our gods provide answers to soothe?

People waiting on corners
Increasingly intersecting their screams
Though not a single mouth moves
Their frustration beams
Blinding me
Till I want for a place to go
Want for a place to hide
Forgotten by the approaching storm
Seeking to divide.
©2011cchristopherbess

No comments:

Post a Comment