Sunday, May 16, 2010

In The Belly

This piece is for Marlene and those wonderful souls who cared to praise. It was a beautiful yet sad reminder of just how lacking much of my spirit is... The Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways.

"In The Belly"

There was a spirit there
Infectious;
They sprang at the knee
Cackled in their voices
And praised
So much better than my memories
With a joy that seemed lacking
First upon our pews
Then upon our songs
On to my prayers
As the realities of faith
Dried as profusely and other-worldly
As Christ's blood must have flowed...

They sang
They laughed
And I wondered
Just how much happiness
Could exist upon a breeze
Float upon a wave
Elixir my parched soul
As it asked yet another question
In it's universe of depravity...
©2010cchristopherbess

No comments:

Post a Comment