Saturday, May 22, 2010

Justin Case

Out of the blue he returned
Justin Case
My old friend
My sage.

We conversed
Reminiscing
On my younger self
Naive
And yet he was the same
Untouched by the wears of time
His message unchanged;
He was the friend
Who lurked in shadows
Hidden by their now inexplicable
Inability
Or refusal to share the knowledge
Of true existence.

He was the friend
Once known
I turned to
As I wrestled within
God's choices of destruction
Scattered about like mines
Hidden in the sands;
A true friend
Who spoke to me then
As he does now
Deep within
Allowing me meticulous passage
Through dangerous seas of choice
As I look to dock
The weary vessel of my soul...

The friend I will tell you now
To cherish
To hold
As you venture across enlightenment
Both precious and old...
©2010cchristopherbess

No comments:

Post a Comment